The goal of Physical Therapy is to restore patients to their highest level of function through the use of therapeutic techniques which aim to prevent, identify, alleviate or compensate for physical dysfunctions.
Our therapists evaluate patients and devise individualized therapeutic treatment programs which may include:
- Therapeutic exercise programs to help increase muscle function, coordination, endurance and mobility
- Gait and functional training for safety and independence
- Muscle re-education to regain function
- Joint and soft-tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- The use of thermal and electrical modalities for pain management
Occupational therapy is a holistic health care profession that aims to promote health by enabling individuals to improve performance of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) across the lifespan. We use treatment techniques to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of our patients with physical, mental and/or developmental conditions.
Our staff assesses each patient and devises specific interventions and programs which focus on patient-specific goal achievement.
Services typically include:
- Teaching compensatory strategies
- Adaptation of the environment to facilitate task completion, including provision of equipment
- Evaluation and treatment of performance skills, such as ADLs.
- Guidance and education to family members and caregivers.
- The use of creative media as therapeutic activity
- Mobility assessment and training, such as manual and powered wheelchairs
- Cognitive remediation and strategies for mental health.
Speech Language Pathology
Our expert Speech Language Pathologists work with people who suffer from aphasia, dysarthria, dysphagia, aphonia, voice disorders, total laryngectomy, head and neck cancers, tracheostomy and ventilator dependency and memory and cognitive impairments. They are trained and certified in the latest technologies (Vital Stim and Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices) and use these in conjunction with traditional therapeutic methods to maximize each individuals abilities.